- Please note that the new pickup procedure is likely to cost you and/or your clients more to operate, however, we do think it's a necessary first step to keep everyone safe while supporting clients who have deadlines.
Some of the processes that we have established include the following:
Addresses will not be published so that we can ensure buyers only know where to go once they have scheduled their specific pickup time slot.
Pickup categories have changed and will now define the buyer’s pickup experience:
We recommend using categories in the order of logistics for the removal of items. Things on or in an item, to be removed first (earlier categories) and items that need to be cleared off, or dismantled to be later categories.
- Category A - Smaller easy to carry items that the seller will take out to the buyer at the door/curb. The buyer will not enter the location.
- Category B - Buyer to remove from the home
- Category C - Buyer to dismantle and remove from home Large items, like china cabinets, tool containers, bookcases, or large rugs need to be taken out last to ensure the buyer has room to carry their large pieces out without troubles.
- Additional Categories D- E - F may be used for larger auctions to assist with social distancing and for large auctions with 2-day pickups.*
- Category Z - Buyer to make alternate arrangements with Seller. This may include Shipping/or Delivery. Only our trusted partners are permitted to offer these services, provided their terms for the service are clearly displayed in the auction information tab. The alternate is executed no more than 10 business days from the auction closing.
If you need a second day for your pickup, it is important to use category A- B- C for the first day and D- E - F for the second day of pickup.