- Please note that the new pickup procedure is likely to cost you and/or your clients more to operate, however, we do think it's a necessary first step to keep everyone safe while supporting clients who have deadlines.
We aren’t sure what bidder participation (and therefore competition and prices) will be like. We have seen reports of both soft and strong competition from regional online auction houses across North America.
You should expect to potentially receive negative feedback from the community due to the polarized perspectives on who should not be operating.
- We will need you to provide the regulating documentation/links related to why you know it is okay to operate a pickup so that we may create a tailored letter with MaxSold letterhead outlining the reasons why it’s okay to operate your pickup. Note: We will not be able to launch the auction until you can provide this information.
- We will need to set dates with you over the phone to validate the pickup window and other details of your auction before launching.
- Addresses will not be published so that we can ensure buyers only know where to go once they have scheduled their specific pickup time slot.
- Pickup categories have changed and will now define the buyer’s pickup experience:
- Category A - Buyer will receive at the door/curb, no shipping or local delivery
- Category B - Buyer to remove from the home, no shipping or local delivery
- Category C - Buyer to dismantle and remove from home, no shipping or local delivery
- Category D - Same as A, but could also be shipped at the buyer’s cost
- Category E - Same as A, but could also be delivered locally at the buyer’s cost
- Category F - Same as B, but could also be delivered locally at the buyer’s cost
- Category Z - Buyer to make alternate arrangements with Seller. Alternate is executed no more than 10 business days from auction closing.